Wednesday

IN LOVE WITH INLAY

Asian inspiration is big, big, big in the home market right now - and shows little inclination to leave. But some styles (laquer, garden stools, bamboo, and blanc de chine, to name a few) are more popular than others. Among my favorite eastern imports is inlay. Patterns of mother-of-pearl, shell, ivory, or horn pressed in wood or set in other stones are beautifully luxurious. Here are a few worth owning.

Old and new is pretty too:  I love this cheeky modern bed paired with antique looking inlay stools. Chic!

Or, you can embrace the East for a touch of glamorous boudoir. Greta Garbo may appear any moment.

One of the most beautiful selections of furniture inlay around is from Sang and Serena - their pieces are completely handmade, and they have a variety of colors, but I'm particularly smitten by the pink and mother of pearl. Any takers?





Picture 1, Little Green Notebook. Picture 2, Apartment Therapy

6 comments:

FrenchBlue said...

Inlay always amazes me! I love it! Your post and images inspire me! I have a really old chair with mother pearl inlay I will treasure forever!
XO

Kate Spears said...

some amazing pieces here...now i'm thinking about how i can start looking for similar things at antique stores and flea markets. thanks for adding another must-have to my ever growing list! looking forward to your guest post whenever it's convenient for you!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Truly works of art. It would be fascinating to watch the craftsman at work. I'd seriously need some arthritic medication and my bi-focals after doing that for long. Remarkable!

Have a happy & safe 4th of July ~

Greet Lefèvre said...

Beautiful furniture!
xx
Greet

Sarah Klassen said...

Wonderful inspiration, Skyla! I'm especially taken with that bed -- it is truly incredible...

Wishing you a lovely weekend,

xo,
Sarah

Hannah said...

You always have amazing posts! I enjoy browsing your blog all the time. I'm your newest follower!

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails